Saturday 8 November 2014

Reflection 139 (what I know for sure)

What I know for sure

This is the title of a book by Oprah Winfrey.
In her foreword she states that during an interview she was asked the question and was so surprised by it, that she really had no answer. Can you imagine, Oprah at a loss of words! Afterwards however she gave it a lot of thought and over her life time she has encountered so many situations that made her sure about quite a variety of things.

Of course it is a very relevant question: What do I know for sure?
If someone would ask me, the immediate thing I would come up with would be that kindness is the fastest way to peace of mind and happiness. That is perhaps the thing I am most sure about  in my life. I am sure that I will die.
If I would be allowed to think for much longer I could come up with quite a number of other things I am sure about.

I am curious what others are sure about. If on the spot without lots of thinking you can come up with things you are sure about, please write them in the comments section of this post. No need to register or put your name or address.

1 comment:

  1. what I know for sure, is that happiness begins with us, not with our relationship, friends or job, but with ourselves..

    ReplyDelete

Do you agree, do you disagree, please comment...