Friday 30 December 2016

Close to the end of the year!

Close to the end of the year!
A time when many of us look back
and then look forward, sending wishes.

Somehow it is a vast dream of humans to predict the future
and there is perhaps no time busier in future-telling than this time.

I read about economies crashing and bubbles bursting
and about the wars that will happen, all pretty much the same stuff
they came up with last year this time. One time they will be right
because on and off bubbles do burst and on and off economies do crash.

Another type of predictions come from religious sects predicting the end of the world.
The leaders of such sects gaining significant power because they claim to know
what everyone has to do for salvation.

Let us not fall victim to any fear mongers!

Hereunder I state what I wish for 2017,

I wish for all of us a wisdom revolution.
I wish that we discover that there is a lot of love in our heart,
and that we start to very consciously enjoy giving this love away.
I wish fewer of us get drunk on Saturday nights, making them sick the whole of Sunday,
I wish fewer of us feel they have to show off.
I wish we value more than ever before things like
 kindness, honesty, humility, a search for truth.

Happiness is found in altruism, selfless altruism, in random kind acts, in simple friendliness, in going the extra mile for a friend or for a complete stranger. These are the things that make us feel really good. And what else is happiness than feeling really good.



This is my personal wish for every one of my friends, for every one of my family for 2017.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you agree, do you disagree, please comment...