Wednesday 26 April 2017

Treasure

"There is no greater misfortune
than the feeling: I have an enemy"

Words of Lao Tzu, written more than 2500 years ago.
Over 2500 years, we have not been able as humanity
to fully assimilate, understand and put these words in practice.

It is my hope, no my belief, even my certainty
that sooner rather than later now,
humanity will embrace this giant wisdom.

Even though we will never be able to please all,
we do not need to feel enmity to anyone.

Lao Tzu went on, " when there is I and the enemy,
there is no place for my treasure"

And my treasure, I think, is meant the tremendous amount of love,
sitting right there in our heart since birth, ready to be given away
and in the process being refilled with a much bigger love still.

I want you to close your eyes for a short while;
vividly imagine a heart, your heart being full of love.
You give it all away and more and more love keeps coming
straight from the universe into your heart.
Imagine then what happens to the world around you.
What a treasure !

4 comments:

  1. are you refering to verse 69?

    http://thetaoteching.com/taoteching69.html

    http://www.taoistic.com/taoteching-laotzu/taoteching-69.htm

    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. There are many translations available. I have enjoyed reading here and there a bit in a book by W. Dyer, change your thoughts. He has based his book on this work and the wisdom inside is sometimes eye-opening, sometimes intriguing, sometimes difficult to understand.

      Delete
  2. I feel very grateful that I read this. It is very helpful and very informative and I really learned a lot from it. Treasure At Tampines

    ReplyDelete
  3. I prefer merely excellent resources - you will see these people in: treasure at tampines

    ReplyDelete

Do you agree, do you disagree, please comment...