Saturday 3 May 2014

Reflection 20 (coincidence?)

Coincidence (?)

For the last many weeks, the weather in Kelantan (where I live) has been uniformly hot.
Almost no rain since more than three months and rarely we see clouds in the sky. Perhaps something to do with El-nino phenomenon.

This morning we had a small function for Down syndrome children. One of the first things in the morning we had planned was to make sand castles on the beach. Usually by 9.30 the sun makes it really too hot to have any meaningful activity on the beach beyond that time. This morning however there was a big cloud blocking the sun out and the temperatures on the beach were pleasant at least until about ten when the clouds were gone. By that time we had planned games under the shade of trees.

Was this unusual morning cloud a coincidence or not?







1 comment:

  1. When I read the following passage today, I immediately thought about this reflection. I found it fast and a certain awe engulfed my mind.

    Sri Yukteswar was planning a religious procession. He asked me to lead the disciples over the town and beach of Puri. The festive day dawned as one of the hottest of the summer.
    "Guruji, how can I take the barefooted students over the fiery sands?" I spoke despairingly.
    "I will tell you a secret," Master responded. "The Lord will send an umbrella of clouds; you all shall walk in comfort."
    I happily organized the procession; our group started from the ashram with a Sat-Sanga banner. Designed by Sri Yukteswar, it bore the symbol of the single eye, the telescopic gaze of intuition.
    No sooner had we left the hermitage than the part of the sky which was overhead became filled with clouds as though by magic. To the accompaniment of astonished ejaculations from all sides, a very light shower fell, cooling the city streets and the burning seashore. The soothing drops descended during the two hours of the parade. The exact instant at which our group returned to the ashram, the clouds and rain passed away tracelessly.
    "You see how God feels for us," Master replied after I had expressed my gratitude. "The Lord responds to all and works for all. Just as He sent rain at my plea, so He fulfills any sincere desire of the devotee. Seldom do men realize how often God heeds their prayers. He is not partial to a few, but listens to everyone who approaches Him trustingly. His children should ever have implicit faith in the loving-kindness of their Omnipresent Father."

    ReplyDelete

Do you agree, do you disagree, please comment...