Thursday 25 August 2016

Reading your thoughts

Reading your own thoughts can be very interesting.
On and off I take some time to read my own thoughts from the past.
Sometimes it gives me a smile, sometimes a sweet memory
sometimes a bit of a shock, what we were thinking 20 or 30 years ago.

Of course, if we want to read our own thoughts,
we have to write them down.
After I read an introduction to a book of an old Flemish poet,
at the age of 18, I have started to write down thoughts.
It is not a diary. It is a thoughts booklet.

I have written a few notebooks full of thoughts and reflections.
Only recently I started to write my reflections in a blog.

So, if you start today to write down what you think,
what you reflect on at the end of the day or the week,
in 20 or 30 years time, you will be able to read what you thought today.
And chances are that you will be surprised then by what you think today...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you agree, do you disagree, please comment...